Raw Pecan Pie Mini Tarts
Core Plan, makes 18 mini tarts (raw, vegan)
The great sticky-sweetness of pecan pie, without the nasty sugar crash expected to accompany the traditional favorite. With no bake time required, these are a breeze to make and even easier to enjoy. Make sure you make enough to share!
- 1 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3 medjool dates, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- Coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups large medjool dates, soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup pecans plus more for garnish
- In a food processor combine the ingredients for the crust. Pulse until the mixture is broken down and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon evenly into oiled (use coconut oil) mini muffin pan and press down gently to create a thin, even crust on the bottom and sides. Place in freezer while making the filling.
- Place the soaked dates in a food processor. Add the pecans and about 1-2 tbsp fresh water and blend until smooth and gooey, scraping down the sides often.
- Spoon filling into chilled crusts and top with pecans.
- Place back in the freezer and allow to set up for at least 1 hour. Remove from the pan by running a knife around the edges and popping them out. Place them in mini muffin cup liners or on a dish and store in the refrigerator.
The Maximized Living Difference
What makes these tasty tarts different than traditional desserts? Healthy fats and absolutely zero added sugar. Why does this make a difference? To learn more, check out the Maximized Living Nutrition Plans book.